Gone are the days of hard, fibrous coconut jam. In recent years, people in the three regions have replaced it with young, soft, and delicious coconut jam in recent years on Tet reception tables.
Material Young coconut jam
- 5 kg of non
- 2 kg of white icing sugar
- Butterfly pea flower, pandan leaf, beetroot…
- 50 grams of fresh ginger
- 4 small vanilla tubes
- The recipe for making young coconut jam was shared in detail by Phuong Oliver, in Dong Thap a content creator of a culinary channel. The method is simple, but it still needs experience and patience to watch the fire when slugs with coconut jam.
- Peel off the outer tan, then rinse with clean water, until the water is clear.
- Cut into large pieces so that when eating, you can feel the toughness of the jam.
- Blanch briefly in boiling water for 3 minutes and then remove. There is a lot of essential oil in the copra, if directly fried, the jam will quickly spoil and smell of oil, not preserved for a long time. After blanching in boiling water, rinse again with clean water.
- For every 5 kg of coconut rice, add 2 kg of fine white granulated sugar, soak for 2 hours. The part that needs to be marinated in natural color, let the color in always for the coconut to absorb the color evenly.
- After the sugar is dissolved, we put the sugar water in the pan to boil, remove the foam, then put the coconut rice in, slug with medium-high heat.
- Occasionally stir once, until the sugar is almost completely drained, let the heat be very low, stir-fry evenly, continuously. When there is white powder around the coconut, lift the pan, turn off the heat and continue to stir, until the sugar becomes a powder, smooth and the coconut piece is dry.
- Put the jam on a tray, let it cool and drain. When exposed to the sun for 2 hours, the coconut jam is reached and not watery. Finished pieces of jam are dry, flexible, and lightly sweet.